On 6/1/06, Tyler Prete <psyonic / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hopefully you'll get more helpful answers to this question from someone a
> little more knowledgable, but a few examples of fantastic code (although
> often complicated) are the ruby library, rails, and ruby quiz.

Being a Rails programmer, I tried reading some of Rails' code and it
looks like you have to commit to reading a large portion of it to gain
any understanding. At least the core stuff that I sampled
(ActiveRecord, ActionPack) looks very tightly knit together. A guide
about approaching the Rails codebase might be very helpful, and
beneficial considering the importance of codebase accessibility in an
OSS project. Maybe I should raise this issue in the Rails ML.

--
-Alder