James, I really enjoy your quotes.  This one especially, having just
learned quite a lot about programming via ruby and a friend who insists
on explaining Haskel and "functional programming" to me.

This "A language that doesn't affect the way you think about
programming" quote seems to have a double meaning though.  Every
Wednesday, some guys come around with lawnmowers and weedwhackers. I
hear them buzzing away and see them sweating through the window of my
comfortable office. When I'm programming in C, the language makes me
want to stop programming and go join the lawn crew outside...does that
count?

jp