Logan Capaldo wrote:

> On May 30, 2006, at 3:55 AM, Harish TM wrote:
>
>> I need an access time of about 0.05 sec. (record retrieval time)
>
> If the requirements are that hard and fast it may be worth the effort to
> try out a few different DBs and see which gives you performance closest
> to your needs.

I missed the earlier mails, so I could be repeating something here --
please pardon me!

1. Are your queries very dynamic? If not, you could try Berkeley DB.
It provides a very high throughput.

2. Is the target of multiple queries mostly the same data? If yes, I
suggest that you take a look at 'memcached'. It helps you save on
database round-trips.

Best regards,

JS