Mat Schaffer wrote:
> On May 30, 2006, at 3:42 PM, Simen Edvardsen wrote:
>
>> Since Rails is still the hot thing, they're likely to just focus on
>> what you need to know to use Rails, so there's less room for error.
>> I'm interested to hear if someone have actually read the articles and
>> what they think of them.
>

> I read the DDJ article.  It was well written and accurate, but basic
> for most on this thread (appropriate, I'd say).  It starts with a  hard
> hitting anecdote about Bruce Tate switching to rails mid- project, ends
> with a quick interview with DHH.  It was largely an  overview piece but
> hard hitting enough that I passed it around my  management group.

What struck me, though, was that it was the sort of thing they should
have ran a year ago.

Unless you've had your head in the sand, the article was old news and
fairly cursory.  It seemed more appropriate for USA Today than a
professional computing magazine.

Dr. Dobbs is clearly not what it used to be.

--
James Britt

"The use of anthropomorphic terminology when dealing with
computing systems is a symptom of professional immaturity."

  - Edsger W. Dijkstra