Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> On 5/30/06, Jean-Fran?ois <jf.web3 / gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Has anybody noticed *that* ? :)
>

> Interesting. But I'm a little concerned that none of the Ruby articles
> were written by people that I have ever heard of in this community.
> Maybe Linux journal only publishes articles written by their own
> staff?

FWIW, I don't work for Linux Journal, and they've published a Ruby
article of mine, on OOo parsing.  And, at least when I was dealing with
them, they were on the lookout for more Ruby articles.

But it's interesting to see articles from people whose names never seem
to appear on this mailing list (though the number of Ruby metaverses has
expanded.)

Some of what I've seen seems like simple rewording of content from other
places, such as the Rails wiki, and simple errors are not uncommon,
suggesting that the authors have a somewhat limited, and focused, area
of knowledge.

Which is fine, so long as what they write is accurate.

--
James Britt

"A principle or axiom is of no value without the rules for applying it."
   - Len Bullard