All,

I was URL'd to this place after asking a XML question.
Is this the right place for New to Ruby  ?
What does a basic Ruby Application look like ?

The only hands on expirience with making a GUI was a trial phase with
REALbasic
to get a grip on what programming is all about. They sent me here.

I need to have a Application that obtains data from a XML web page and
log that data to a txt log file everytime the web page auto updates
itself.

The purpose is to log sporting event results in real time.
It would be a utility type Application to compliment other tasks and
calculations done in Excel.

Please paste URL/s to the next place if this is not the right place for
brand newbies to Ruby.

Cheers

Thanks

falcon