On 5/30/06, Victor Shepelev <vshepelev / imho.com.ua> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'd like somebody to share their experience in organizing library
> development, including:
>
> 1. test-driven development

Yes.

Test::Unit I believe. "require 'test/unit'".

> 2. code coverage analysis (through rcov?), which would be automathically
> performed after each test

Never used rcov, but it sounds like something you'd run via a rakefile.

> 3. version control (through SVN?)

Besides CVS, that's probably the most common these days. Working
without version control is like swinging on the trapeze without a net.

> 4. optional code speed analysis (like benchmarking "how long it rans",
> profiling "what rans so long") after each test
> 5. optional packaging (through rake? rant?) and uploading to (rubyforge?
> sourcefoge?)

Dunno about the benchmarking, but as far as optional packaging, my
guess is that you should indeed be making a gem. FWIU, when you create
a RubyForge project and upload a gem, it automagically becomes
available to the world via "gem install --remote".