Tanaka wrote:
> I think rewriting it in C is appropriate way to make it faster.

I won't disagree with you there. So if that's in the works than no
worries.

Two thoughts though. I liked being about to use << to add to a path.
Eg.

  pn = Pathname.new('a/b')
  pn << 'c'
  pn  #=> #<Pathname:a/b/c>

Some other array-like methods seem useful too, #each for instance.

More importantly, I think it would be nice if there were a shorter way
to define a path, perhaps a percent literal like %p{a/b}. Haing to
spell out Pathname.new all the time deters one from using it over a
simple String and the File class methods.

Thanks for responding Tanaka,
T.