gene.tani / gmail.com wrote:
> Jeff Rose wrote:
>> Timothy Hunter wrote:

>>> Why don't you describe what it is you're trying to do?
>> Just wondering...
>
> if you're using google groups you need to search the archives of
> comp.lang.ruby, not ruby-talk
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/browse_frm/thread/c9530bf2d5d892a3?tvc=1

Huh?  I'm on the mailing list, and in googling around I didn't find
information on reference counting, which makes sense given the garbage
collector used.

This spawned from a conversation with a friend who was working in C++ on
a system that is all reference count based.  He asked how it would work
in ruby, and I didn't know.

Thanks for the help Tim.

-Jeff