On May 27, 2006, at 9:09 PM, NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:

>>> Just replace csv.rb with faster_csv.rb.
>>
>> I just don't want to break a lot of software.  :(
>
> I understand that it's a compensation of speed.

Only if you go through that interface.  The FasterCSV interface is
still quite quick.

Let me rethink it a little.  It was optimized for developer
productivity when I built it.  I might be able to do better looking
at it from the idea of easy transitioning for the users.

Of course, I handle open() quite differently, so we're going to have
problems merging both models of that method in the CSV class.  Hmm...

James Edward Gray II