Peter C. Verhage wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using mongrel (the mongrel_rails wrapper to be exact) for a SOAP
> server. One of the possible SOAP requests can trigger a Net::HTTP get
> request to the server itself. At that time the complete server seems
> to block. I suspect this has something to do with Ruby's non-native
> threads, but I don't know of a way to workaround this. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter
Hi,

This is because Mongrel ( I believe ) is single threaded. As it is
currently running your request before it makes the SOAP call, the soap
call will block, which of course will block your app too - causing dead
lock. Not much you can do about this apart from setting up a cluster afaik.

Cheers,

Pete