Hi Rubyfolks,

I've just started to learn ruby, using Eclipse and RDT as IDE (on Mac).
One of my first program was the following (don't laugh!):

print "Whats your name? "
name = gets
print "Your name is: "+name

Not very complicated, hm? Nevertheless, it refused to work in the
expected way: Nothing happened. After some useless thinkining I madly
stroke my keyboard and suddenly there appeared:

lk,dfsnlvihols
Whats your name?
Your name is: lk,dfsnlvihols

So it seemed as if ruby was first waiting for the input (gets) and then
printing "Whats your name?". This really drove me crazy. After searching
many books and articles no clue was found. In my desparation I just went
to the terminal (the Mac-text-console) and started the little program by
hand. And voila! It Worked!

So since I still want to use Eclipse for development could someone gimme
a hint how to change eclipse'/ruby's/RDT's behabiour?

Thanks!

Yoche