Warren Seltzer wrote:
> I haven't been able to get ri or fxri to work right since I installed ruby 1.8.4 on my
> winxp laptop:

> ri never finds anything.  And when I click on a method name in fxri it just pastes the
> entry into the irb window.
>
> What have I done wrong?

Nothing, probably.  Did you use the "1-click" Windows installer package
from RubyForge.org?  And install over an existing, earlier version?

I had the same problem, and it seems that earlier installations (well,
1.8.2 at least) put the ri data files in one place ("site"), while the
current installation has them in another ("system").

I believe the correct place is "system".  I deleted the duplicates from
"site".

--
James Britt

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, but the illusion
of knowledge."
  - D. Boorstin