I have connected a PC (Windows2000) to a camera controller and I want
to get image data  from the controller.
Two ports are used for this. Port 8500 is for text commands and text replies.
Port 8501 is used for image data.
When I request image data it streams to the PC via ethernet (8501) in
bitmap format.

I have no problem with the text commands and replies but catching the
binary data confuses me. I would like to get the data in an array and
then write it to a bitmap file. Getting it into an array at this point
has me stuck.

####################################
require 'socket'

ip_address = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
text_port = 8500
comm_io = TCPSocket.new(ip_address,text_port) # for CCD controller text

image_port = 8501
image_io = TCPSocket.new(ip_address,image_port) # for binarydata

outmsg = 'my_command'.upcase + "\r"
comm_io.print outmsg

inmsg = comm_io.gets.chomp.split(/,/)

Any help appreciated.