Hello everyone --

On behalf of Ruby Central, the mentoring organization, I am very
pleased indeed to announce the students who have been
awarded grants through the Google Summer of Code program for 2006.

First, I'd like to express our deep thanks to all the students who
applied, and to all the mentor volunteers.  Everyone put in a lot of
time on preparing and/or ranking applications, and the pool of
applications as well as the roster of mentors was impressive.  I hope
that those of you who did not receive funding this year will
nonetheless come back next year and apply.

The students who have been awarded grants by Google, along with their
project titles and names of their mentors, are:

Alexander Stephen Bradbury: Automated Wrapper Generation
                             for Information Extraction
Mentor: Austin Ziegler

Gregory Brown: Ruby Reports
Mentor: David Pollak

Kevin Clark:  mkmf for Rake
Mentor: Caleb Tennis

Robert Figueiredo: A Ruby Rule-based toolkit
Mentor: Kirk Haines

Benjamin Gorlick: Improved style and extendable interactive
documentation system for Ruby and Rails
Mentor: James Edward Gray II

Florian Gross: ruby-breakpoint GUI client
Mentor: Patrick Hurley

Ilmari Heikkinen: Pure-Ruby OpenGL GUI widget systemMentor: Ryan
Leavengood

Jeffrey Hughes: Port Ruby to Symbian OSMentor: Dibya Prakash

Jason Morrison: Code Completion with Type Inference
for Ruby Development Tools project
Mentor: Christopher Williams

Gabriele Renzi: New Administration subsystem for nitro
Mentor: Bryan Soto

--
David A. Black (dblack / wobblini.net)
* Ruby Power and Light, LLC (http://www.rubypowerandlight.com)
   > Ruby and Rails consultancy and training
* Author of "Ruby for Rails" from Manning Publications!