Austin Ziegler wrote:
> On 5/23/06, Enterprise Astronaut <enterpriseastro / enterprise.ch> wrote:
>
>> I understand projects like the Ruby Installer for Windows exists, but
>> what I'm wondering is:
>>
>> Why not have AllInOneRuby with gems embedded into it call a gem that has
>> the Ruby bits and a local copy of Ruby and then follow up with Gems.
>> From there your home free, correct?  You could even just to get going
>> have the AllInOneRuby installer simply do a wget and pull down the Ruby
>> bits and put them into a folder and set the path.  Eventually it would
>> seem though pulling down the actual Ruby bits in a gem is the "Ruby" way
>> to do this.
>

> Because it'd be a waste. Better would be to have people actually
> volunteer to help Curt keep the release up to date.

Or maybe not, but in any event such a proposal needs to be matched with
at least some proof-of-concept code.  It's one thing to say, "Wouldn't
it be nice if ... ?", quite another to put your money (so to speak)
where your mouth is.

At the end of the day all these ideas mean people volunteering time and
effort.

(Thanks, Curt!)

--
James Britt

"Simplicity of the language  is not what matters, but
simplicity of use."