I understand projects like the Ruby Installer for Windows exists, but
what I'm wondering is:

Why not have AllInOneRuby with gems embedded into it call a gem that has
the Ruby bits and a local copy of Ruby and then follow up with Gems.
From there your home free, correct?  You could even just to get going
have the AllInOneRuby installer simply do a wget and pull down the Ruby
bits and put them into a folder and set the path.  Eventually it would
seem though pulling down the actual Ruby bits in a gem is the "Ruby" way
to do this.

The Ruby Windows Installer seems to lag behind the general releases.  It
would seem the senario I just described would be more up to date.  The
Python guys have their installers down to s science now, it seems like
Ruby is lagging a bit here (the Windows side of it anyway).

Just shooting ideas around so don't shoot the messenger.

- The Enterprise Astronaut