On 5/23/06, Paul D. Kraus <paul.kraus / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/23/06, Joey <rubytalk / eachmapinject.com> wrote:
> >
> > Umm, maybe http://raa.ruby-lang.org/
> > [snip]
> >
> [snip]
>
> Oh and the biggest one... What the heck is GEM.

1. Is there a central repository of gems somewhere? That is, when you
run "gem install -r ...", where does it get the gems from?

2. Rubyforge seems to have some non-obvious links that lead to lists
of gems... (see http://gems.rubyforge.org/) Is there a connection
between the RAA and Rubyforge?

3. With the current RubyGems 0.8.11, should we do

require 'rubygems'
require_gem 'foo'

or

require 'rubygems'
require 'foo'

?

4. For users (both devs creating gems, and folks installing and using
them), what's expected to change when RubyGems 0.9.0 gets released?
"require_gem"?