See it as a small echo to the performance thread...

I want to parse large XML documents. Doing it with REXML is
(unacceptably) slow (more than a minute compared to Java with a couple
of seconds which is perfectly ok). So I was thinking about doing it with
libxml. Well, it seems I need to compile it from C myself etc etc etc...
Is there a ready made gem that works with Windows that don't require me
to install a complete C development environment and build and compile a
number of other libraries first?

I've googled but it's kind of hard to find anything about it. Ends up
with pages refering to Sam Ruby in a Python context (where there seems
to be a perfectly fine .exe for installation of libxml bindings by the
way...)

/Marcus