Ohad Lutzky wrote:
> Is there any reason you specifically need IRB for this? Because I'd
> definetely go ahead and use eval.

The purpose of this plugin is to teach and to facilitate learning.

Say I'm learning Ruby from someone through IRC. This IRB plugin allows
the teacher to quickly write some ruby code into IRB and get the output
to make sure it's correct, then click a button or write a command that
copies (part of) that IRB session into the IRC channel. Similarly for
the student. It makes for one less terminal window and a whole lot less
copy and pasting.

Eval doesn't cut it because it only works for one line. Besides, irb is
much more pretty and informative.