dave wrote:
>   | Alternative, certainly.  I'm not so sure about better or more elegant.
>
>   It is a necessary evolution, i think. To control the entropy :)
There's more than one way to skin *that* cat :-)

>   | Having a standard namespace and having a system that applies it are two
>   | separate concerns.
>
>   A good and adpreciated standard would help users to:
>
>     - Find projects they need.
>       (like "ext/devel/deploy/gem" or "ext/net/http/rails")
>     - Understand the nature of the project.
>     - Avoid collisions.
>     - Keep order.
Yes.  However, we don't have that, nor is there any project to impose
such a structure on the community, which would need to take into account
the large amounts of existing code.

>   Long paths can be avoided with and intelligent optimization
>   on require:
>

>   If the find returns just one matching file in the repository
>   like:
>
>   require "rails" it becomes -> require "ext/net/http/rails".
>

>   Then the file is sourced.
>
>   So if there is a Conflict:
>
>   require "http/rails" would be fine.
That doesn't actually solve the original problem, although it does
reduce it:  what happens when http/rails and http/roads both define a
top-level Wheel class?

--
Alex