Hi --

On Sun, 21 May 2006, Jeff Pritchard wrote:

> P.P.S.
> Is it considered bad form to create your own aliases for things like
> this?  For instance, if I were to create an alias for Enumerated#inject
> like "gather", and use that all over my programs, would this be
> considered bad form, or just hunky-dory use of the language?

It would be bad form, in my opinion.  It's good to discuss what you
feel are the shortcomings of the language in a forum like this, but
don't turn your programs into a position statement at the cost of
making them harder to understand.

David

--
David A. Black (dblack / wobblini.net)
* Ruby Power and Light, LLC (http://www.rubypowerandlight.com)
   > Ruby and Rails consultancy and training
* Author of "Ruby for Rails" from Manning Publications!