| Alternative, certainly. ?I'm not so sure about better or more elegant.

  It is a necessary evolution, i think. To control the entropy :)

  | Having a standard namespace and having a system that applies it are two
  | separate concerns.

  A good and adpreciated standard would help users to:

    - Find projects they need.
      (like "ext/devel/deploy/gem" or "ext/net/http/rails")
    - Understand the nature of the project.
    - Avoid collisions.
    - Keep order.

  Long paths can be avoided with and intelligent optimization
  on require:

  If the find returns just one matching file in the repository
  like:

  require "rails" it becomes -> require "ext/net/http/rails".

  Then the file is sourced.

  So if there is a Conflict:

  require "http/rails" would be fine.

--
Upper reality >oftware.
Dave - Skp Core (skp-it.eu).

 Sponsor:
 Refill s.r.l. - Prodotti per TUTTE le stampanti sul mercato a prezzi sempre convenienti. Dal 1993, leader nel compatibile di qualit? in Italia.
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?midQ88&d -5