Hi,

I am trying use Ruby to access to our Oracle database on our windows XP
and Linux machines.
I also prefer to use DBI interface.

I have downloaded dbi-0.1.0.tar.gz from this location:

dbi-0.1.0.tar.gz doesn¡Çt have the OCI8 dbd driver and the installer
doesn¡Çt work. I struggled and finally managed to copy files manually and
make ODBC and ADO DBDs work on windows only.

I cannot introduce this to my client as a multiplatform scripting
solution for accessing to our database! It is a mess!!!!

From the other side, there is Ruby/OCI8 available here:
http://www.jiubao.org/ruby-oci8/
Is this something than I can combine with DBI to have the DBD::OCI8?

I apologize if I sound a little bit frustrated. I am looking for a
reliable Ruby database access solution. I have posted question here (see
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/64065#70882) and it seems people using
DBI just fine. I don¡Çt know how come I cannot find right package to
download and use!!!

Any help would be appreciated,
Alan