Doug Pfeffer wrote:
> Just an alert to Dreamhost users. I saw that a few of my Rails sites
> were down, and after further probing noticed that a plain ol' Ruby/CGI
> app was down too. Even irb isn't working. Can anyone else confirm this?
> I'm on the 'venice' server.

Thanks for posting this, Doug -- a handy heads-up. I noticed IRB wasn't
working, but didn't think to check my Rails sites.

I wouldn't classify this as off-topic as some others seem to be;
Dreamhost is a popular Ruby-capable ISP.

And they have resolved the issue.

http://status.dreamhost.com/

Last night we had a problem with our ruby on rails package causing the
ruby gems to be unavailable. The problem has been fixed as of 10:30 GMT
-0700 . If you are still experiencing problems using ruby please contact
support.

Cheers,
Dave