Hi,
I'm going nuts with this tiny script. I'm basically just doing a page
count in a postscript print file. Even though I feed it jobs with an
even number of pages, it still carries through with line 15, which
should ONLY be run if it's an odd page count. When I do this in IRB, it
works fine. In other words, if its' an even page count, it exits, like
it should.
Thanks.

1 Dir.chdir("c:/scripts/ruby/temp/test")
2 fedpsfiles = Dir.glob('fed*.ps')
3 #an array for the page count
4 fedpsfiles.each do |fedpsfile|
5   #totalpages = []
6   #Read the whole file into memory.
7   contents = File.read(fedpsfile)
8   #Look for page entries and put them into an array.
9     totalpages = contents.scan(/^%%Page:.*[0-9]{1,5}$/) do
10    end
11  #If the totalpages.length, meaning the array count, is odd, then add
a blank
12  # at the end of the file.
13  remainder = totalpages.length.to_i % 2
14   if remainder == 1 then
15	contents << "%%Blank page for Asura.\nshowpage\n"
16       #Write the whole file now back to the original file.
17       File.open(fedpsfile, "w") { |f| f.print contents }
18     else exit
19   end
20 end