On 5/19/06, Austin Ziegler <halostatue / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/18/06, Wes Gamble <weyus / att.net> wrote:
> > I can't find any documentation for Text::Format.
> >
> > Looks like the code is annotated - how I correctly use ri to view the
> > documentation?
>
> You won't find it in ri. The ri database is ... hard to update.

Just curious -- any idea why it is that you need to process a ruby
source file to get a second file (.yaml file) that you may then view
with ri? Why not just wrap the functionality into the ri command and
view the RDoc in the source file directly? That is, make it like
perldoc where you can just run "perldoc ./myfile.pl" and get the docs
instantly.

Is there a real design reason ri is that way, or is it just a quirky
flaw that no one's gotten around to fixing?