On May 19, 2006, at 10:26 AM, Daniel Schierbeck wrote:
>>> I find it intolerable.
>> Agreed.
>
> I don't think it's pretty, either. But you seem very keen on
> destroying this proposal

I've been using Ruby for a long time, and I can count on my two hands
the number of times I've placed a begin inside a block.  This makes
my highly skeptical of your need for it.

If you read through the mailing list you'll find all syntax change
proposals meet this kind of treatment.

> -- you say you need a way to add rescue clauses to curly bracket
> blocks, and when I present one, you just dismiss it.

Probably because we don't think it is rubyish.  Note that this has
been proposed before and nobody's come up with a good-enough solution
yet.

Here's what I see as the problems with your proposal:

You omitted how you would specify which exceptions would be rescued.

} else { would be very confusing.

Your current solution looks entirely unlike ruby's current exception
catching syntax.

Your current solution looks entirely unlike any current ruby code.

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com