On May 19, 2006, at 11:37 AM, Robert Klemme wrote:

> 2006/5/19, Jake McArthur <jake.mcarthur / gmail.com>:
>> Just because many people would abuse it does not mean that a
>> programmer who could use it cleanly and elegantly should be unable
>> to.
>
> Sometimes less is more.

But that's kind of my point. To an experienced programmer, being able
to use a goto can amount to being able to cut a ton of complexity out
of his code.

Issues like this are not black and white. It's kind of close-minded
to simply rule a tool out because that tool is difficult to use
correctly. Should people stop playing musical instruments, using
manual cameras, and driving cars? Well, that last one is arguable,
but my point stands.

- Jake McArthur