Jon Dean wrote:
>> I haven't yet tried gnuplot which got me started on this in the first
>> place.  I'll let you know how that goes in a few hours (I have to work
>> now).  Again, thanks for all the help.
>>
> Axel,
>
> Tried to run a straight gnuplot file in cygwin.
>
> $gnuplot -persist test.plt
>
> Like your file g.plt, it contained a single line plot sin(x).  No error
> but no plot either.  If I put in pause -1, I do get a pause but no plot.
>
> jon

Ok, I opened gnuplot through cygwin

$gnuplot
Terminal type set to 'unknown' ... 'unknown' is not a plotting device

I then entered

set terminal

for a list of terminal types.  Windows isn't one of them.  What type of
terminal should I set?  Can I alter gnuplot.exe so that its default is a
type compatible with cygwin?

jon