On May 18, 2006, at 3:32 PM, Daniel Schierbeck wrote:
> Eric Hodel wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe it's time we make that distinction. From a syntactical
>>> point of view, they're very different
>> parse.y disagrees with you.
>
> That's implementation. We ought to be able to abstract away from
> that, right? Isn't Ruby about the programmer, not the computer?

No, ruby itself directly contradicts you.  The language defines only
one difference between {/} and do/end, precedence.  Increasing the
differences will make ruby more about the computer than the
programmer because you must remember what to put where to please the
interpreter.  Adding syntax is usually makes the language more
complicated and that can only be bad.

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com