--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 06:29:05AM +0900, Peter Szinek wrote:
> Cliff Cyphers wrote:
> >Hello group.  New to ruby and needing the ability to unzip EAR files. =
=20
> >Isn't
> >an EAR file technically just a zip file?  I've been able to untar tarbal=
ls
> >and unzip zip files in Ruby but failed for ear files.  Any pointers
> >appreciated.
> I am just writing a deployment script for a web app, and there I am=20
> unzipping WAR files without any problems (EAR should be the same from=20
> this POV) with standard *nix zip.
>=20
> pete@dello:~$ file metasearch.war
> metasearch.war: Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to extract
>=20
> I have never used unzip from Ruby for WAR/EAR files though - I am really=
=20
> curious now why should it not work?
>=20
> Peter

Yes, it is a strange one...It looks like it starts to unarchive the files b=
ut
it chokes while extracting a war file from the ear.

=66rom unzip in ruby:

path: ./tmp/ADT110_1.1.0.2/ADT/Install/ADT.ear
Error while unzipping: ADTWeb.war : bad value for range

system unzip shows the ADTWeb.war that fails in the ruby zip lib.

[ccyphers@ccyphers Install]$ unzip ADT.ear
Archive:  ADT.ear
inflating: ADTWeb.war
creating: META-INF/
inflating: META-INF/.modulemaps
inflating: META-INF/application.xml
inflating: META-INF/ibm-application-ext.xmi
inflating: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU