Hi --

On Fri, 19 May 2006, Daniel Schierbeck wrote:

> Austin Ziegler wrote:
>> The main reason that Matz has opposed it before is:
>>
>>  foo {
>>    bar
>>  rescue
>>    baz
>>  }
>>
>> It does look odd, but I think people will just get used to it.
>
> I think it looks too odd. The do/end and the curly bracket syntaxes are used
> in different places -- if I needed error handling, I would never use the
> curly brackets anyway.

I'm not sure I get that distinction -- I mean, I understand that you
do it that way, but I'm not sure there's any generally closer
association between do/end and rescuing than there is between {} and
rescuing.  Also, they're sometimes used in the *same* places, but by
different people :-)

David

--
David A. Black (dblack / wobblini.net)
* Ruby Power and Light, LLC (http://www.rubypowerandlight.com)
   > Ruby and Rails consultancy and training
* Author of "Ruby for Rails" from Manning Publications!