On 5/18/06, Patrick Hurley <phurley / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/18/06, viswesh <visweshwar_03 / rediffmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > Thanks for ur time.
> > my intent of doing working on this code is :
> > as u can see the name prints if u give the name then after that if the
> > user types "good" or "ok" or "fine" or "wonderfull" he should be
> > prompted with saying Good buddy. else with "oh iam sorry"..
> > ***irrespective of case(i.e either uppercase or lowercase).
> >
> > i heard abt the casecmp() but usage of it 's not clear to me.. it would
> > be great if u could use that method in this code.

Hi Viswesh,

you can find documentation, including usage for `casecmp` here:
http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/String.html#M001839

Have a quick look at this documentation, it will answer a lot of your
questions. It's available for the entire core classes here:
http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/

and for the standard library included with ruby here:
http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/

Cheers,
   -tim