At 08:16 AM 8/7/01 +0900, Nat Pryce spewed forth:
>I have written this as a proof-of-concept for an RCR.  What do people think
>about extending the Ruby socket classes with methods like this written in C?
>
>Sockopt is available from http://www.b13media.com/dev/ruby/index.html.
>
>Finally, thanks to Will Sobel for supplying me with example code for
>setting/getting socket options, which started me on my way with this small
>project.
>
>Cheers,
>     Nat Pryce.

I can't speak to this extension's rightness or wrongness WRT the Ruby core,
but as an end user this would certainly be a very cool addition.

I've been wishing for a mechanism to experiment with SO_LINGER which seems
to cause the 90,000 sockets sitting around waiting to die behavior UNIX
admins see with some daemons.

-Chris