On 5/17/06, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb / cesmail.net> wrote:
> Hmmm ... this might make more sense to do with Rails than with pure Ruby
> ... you could import your CSV into a SQLite database and export the XML
> from there.

Well, with ActiveRecord[1], anyways. I don't see the need for a full
Rails stack with controllers and views, but a script that leverages
ActiveRecord to read the data out of an SQLite DB can be useful.

But really, if it's in CSV already, and there's not any/many
relationships, just use FasterCSV[2] to read the CSV file, then take
advantage of something like Builder[3] or xmlcodec[4] to output the
resulting XML.

Jacob Fugal

[1] http://api.rubyonrails.org/
[2] http://fastercsv.rubyforge.org/