On 5/16/06, Berger, Daniel <Daniel.Berger / qwest.com> wrote:> > -----Original Message-----> > From: Jamey Cribbs [mailto:cribbsj / oakwood.org]> > Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 8:37 AM> > To: ruby-talk ML> > Subject: ruby sdbm library reliable?> >> >> > Does anyone have any recent experience with using Ruby's sdbm> > library?>> The dbm/gdbm/sdbm libraries are toys, imho.  I wouldn't trust them to> store more than a few thousand records, let alone a million.  I've seen> them fall down horribly on Windows.  Just ask Hal Fulton.  As far as I> can tell, the dbm/gdbm/sdbm wrappers were included because thats what> Perl does.
They also consistently fail tests on Gentoo GNU/Linux for me (and a few others).

Michal
This message is my property! Do not read it, and immediately destroy it!!!