I really prefer to read comp.lang.ruby instead of being subscribed to
a mailing list.  And I've read and posted to c.l.r for years: the
newsgroup model is very much preferrable for me.

However, the gateway between this mailing list and c.l.r has been down
for a while now and there aren't nearly as many posts over there.  So
I finally gave in and subscribed.  Not good having things divided like
this.  Any word on when the gateway will be back?

I don't know if this has been discussed here.  The search tools for
the mailing list aren't all that great.

Phil