On 5/16/06, Michael Greenly <mgreenly / gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm just trying to understand what you mean by, "It's unethical to
> > artificially
> > limit a resource simply so that you can profit," as it seems like a
> > fairly
> > general statement.
>
> Conspiring to misrepresent the avilability of a resource so that you can
> profit is  not ethical.  Copyright laws create a limitation where there
> would not otherwise be one.

So in your opinion, authors who create content and then desire to sell
it instead of giving it away are "conspiring", "misrepresenting", "not
ethical", and "creating a limitation". Even though it is regarding
their *own* work, which would *not exist* if it weren't for them?

Please correct me if I'm wrong; I hope I am.

Jacob Fugal