On May 16, 2006, at 2:42 PM, Berger, Daniel wrote:

> [...]

KirbyBase is actually one directory is one database. Each table is a
single file.

Jamey -- Would you be interested in a hand? I've mulling over some
thoughts about doing joins in KirbyBase, and disk based indexes, and
possible alternative file formats.

As regards the hand-edit-ability, you could always have multiple
backends, and a conversion tool.