"Keith Lancaster" <klancaster1957 / gmail.com> writes:

> While the pdf may be electronic, it is nevertheless a physical
> product.

Really? Can you touch a PDF? What does an MP3 smell like?

> I happen to be from the music industry.

There are some who would say this disqualifies you from speaking with
any level of authority on copyright law, since most professionals from
your field have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they know
nothing of the content of these laws. However, I will refrain from
making any such judgements myself.

> If someone copies a segment of one of my compositions and reproduces
> it in their work, they are violating my copyright. If on the other
> hand they take a copy of my recording, either by removing a CD from
> a store without purchasing it, or by downloading it From a network
> without paying for it, they are stealing.

I would suggest that you read up on the applicable laws.

-Phil Hagelberg