> That is really besides the point.  There are many different types of
> data structures that are intended for a variety of purposes.  They
> abstract away from the physical layer to make things happen more easily
> and intuitively in different contexts.  The table is a perfect example
> since that provides the type of power I want; however I am only looking
> for only fraction of that power on a very dynamic and very small set of
> data so creating a database would be overkill.

My point (too obvious to be stated, I thought) was that everything is
built up from the simpler. If array of arrays doesn't do it for ya,
then you'll need to write it yourself or find someone else who has
written what you need.

Someone suggested narray...  Haven't used it myself, so I can't speak
for it.  Someone else also mentioned the standard Matrix, which as far
as I've seen isn't any more useful than an array of arrays unless
you're using them as mathematical matrices.

> It is not "trivial" to implement all classes.

That, I suppose, depends on the classes and the implementor.  ;)