Sy Ali wrote:
>> Would the above TestRunner solution work for my case, too?
>
> I think so, yes.  TestRunner was simple for me to implement, and it
> would guarantee that certain code could run before and after your
> tests.

I think I'll stick with what I've got, because to do TestRunner, I'd
have to write up some test suite wrappers.  At the moment, I just have
wads of .rb files for individual test sets, and my Rakefile builds up a
heirarchical set of tasks that lets me run a whole subtree of tests, or
just a specific test (.rb file).  My ./run-tests script passes args to
rake, so I can run a specific test or set of tests, but STILL run my
global setup and teardown properly.

Thanks for the TestRunner tip though.

Pistos