------art_45403_31753942.1147795456360

> Yes, it sucks.  That's why I wrote the 'getopt' package.
>
> gem install getopt :)
>
> require 'getopt/long'
> include Getopt

I am having an issue with the script working. Is their some path variable
that needs to be set for ruby to see the gem packages?

Initially i have the ubuntu ruby pkgs installed. I have removed them and
built ruby 1.8.4 and gems 0.8.11 built from source.

Any ideas?

*kraus@pkraus-laptop:~/sandbox/ruby/Daily Reports$ ./phones.rb
./phones.rb:3:in `require': no such file to load -- getopt/long (LoadError)
        from ./phones.rb:3

kraus@pkraus-laptop:~/rubygems-0.8.11$ sudo gem install getopt
Attempting local installation of 'getopt'
Local gem file not found: getopt*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'getopt'
Successfully installed getopt-1.3.4
Installing RDoc documentation for getopt-1.3.4...

*

------art_45403_31753942.1147795456360--