Just ARGV, I'm afraid.  I suppose you could push args onto ARGV directly
as a workaround.

May I ask when you would want to parse an arbitrary array?  I'm curious.

Oh, and when I said, "Yes, it sucks", I was referring to getoptlong in
the stdlib, not your code in particular.  Just thought I should clarify
that. :)

Regards,

Dan