The dbm/gdbm/sdbm libraries are toys, imho.  I wouldn't trust them to
store more than a few thousand records, let alone a million.  I've seen
them fall down horribly on Windows.  Just ask Hal Fulton.  As far as I
can tell, the dbm/gdbm/sdbm wrappers were included because thats what
Perl does.

> I would be looking at storing up to a million records, with
> each record
> being up to 200 bytes, and each key being up to 7 bytes.

I'm very curious Jamey - why aren't you using KirbyBase?

Anyway, if you want something more robust yet still simple, I recommend
sqlite.

Regards,

Dan