In the hands of a master, situational ethics are neither.

Yes, you can quote me on that.  I do however, reserve the right to
charge for use of this quote at some point in the future.

At that time, the good people among you will either choose to not use
the quote, or pay the requested fee.  The remainder will pay the rather
hefty fee of being an asshole.

I accept both forms of payment.  The way I look at it, those people
willing to be assholes make me feel better about not being one.  This is
valuable to me.  It would be very expensive to actually pay the several
billion willing assholes on the planet to make me feel better about
myself.  By stealing from me, they effectively do so for a rather small
fee.

jp