On 5/16/06, Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer / gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  What is your opinion:
>  Which editor of the two above is better for editing/developing ruby
>  code - Vim or Emacs ?
>
>  This is not intended as a fire starter for another "Emacs vs. Vim
>  holy war" -- I dont intend to start a diskussion about the key
>  feature for general editing of both editors.
>
>  I only want to know what editor has better (spezialized) features for
>  codeing Ruby.
>
>  Kind regarda and thank you very much for any help in advance !
>  mcc

I use Emacs since it's more flexible and hackable. Running consoles, a
WEBrick instance, debuggers, IRB - all within full-fledged Emacs
buffers with all the benefits. You can't do that with Vim.

And the above are really, just beginners stuff: Emacs is *supposed* to
be able to (not "hacked into") have buffers functioning as anything
from mail-clients, newsgroup readers, IRC clients, to online Chess
clients. So imho, if you use Emacs you are guaranteed (at least more
than any other editor) to be able to get it to work as you want.

--
-Alder