Okay, I'll admit it. I'm really pissed off. I don't pay attention to
what goes on on the #ruby-talk IRC channel these days all that much,
but something happened this afternoon that thoroughly pissed me off.

  [0515/16.53] hatezilla: seriously, pick it up. if you're iffy, get
on emule and search
  for "ruby for rails" ... there's tons of pdfs floating around if you
know where to look

I consider David Black a friend of mine. I am *seriously* pissed off
that some pissant little freak would advocate this action at all. I
was similarly annoyed that people reacted as badly to Dave Thomas's
announcement that the Rails 2nd Edition would be the same price. These
people have done a *lot* for the Ruby community.

They deserve your financial support. Don't be a pissant thief. Even
temporarily. There are "sample chapters" for a reason.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca