Your situation is very much different from mine but I think the solution
may be the same.

What is happening is that the contexts are being executed one by one in
the embedded (ruby) invocation versus "collected" and executed together
in the spec invocation.

The context class has a built in capability to attach itself to the
runner as they are being created, given all defaults. If you type the
contexts in to irb, you'd probably get similar behavior.

So what you'll need to do is replicate what the spec command is doing:

# create a runner and tell the Context class to use it from now on.
context_runner = Spec::Runner::ContextRunner.new(["-v"],[nil])
Spec::Runner::Context.context_runner = context_runner
# include your contexts and specs here
# then run them all at once.
context_runner.run

This is taken from the spec command that's in the bin folder of the
distribution 0.5.3

I'm hoping this helps.

Scott